- 5 oz tbsp of raw shea butter
- 4 tbsp of organic rose water
- 1 tbsp of rose hip seed oil
- 7-10 drops of rose essential oil (I used rose geranium eo)
- 1-2 tsp of raw honey *optional but recommended!* (I didn’t use this, but will next time I get my hands on raw honey…have to get it from a health store or beekeper)
I halved this recipe to test it and I’m glad I did. I didn’t use the food processor recommended in the source, which may explain why I couldn’t get the rose water and shea butter to fully mix. (I tend to fork mash and then use an electric whisk to mix everything). The end result was a 95% mix with extra rose water that I just tipped out of the bowl. Read the source to see how to adjust if your ingredients aren’t mixing properly.
It’s a rich, buttery lotion, but not as rich as body butter. That’s what I was after. Raw, unrefined shea butter has an earthy smell, so you can add more eo until that odour goes away. Half a recipe fills a 5ml amber jar.
Source: Beautymunsta (third of three recipes on that page)